LODGE A COMPLAINT
By clicking the link to proceed with the lodging of a complaint, I confirm that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
- The matter was referred to the participating business (the Participant) or its centralised dispute resolution mechanism and the Participant was given the opportunity to resolve the complaint.
- If the complainant is a business you confirm the turnover is less than R2 000 000.00.
- Your complaint is not under consideration by a legal practitioner or subject to legal action.
- The cause of your complaint did not occur prior to April 2011 or more than 3 years ago.
The complaint has/ is not been/ being dealt with by a court, tribunal, other dispute-resolving body or Ombud.
Terms and Conditions for using our service:
- I hereby agree to abide by the Rules of the CGSO, as set out herein.
- I agree that CGSO’s decision is final when determining whether the complaint falls within the jurisdiction of the CGSO.
- The CGSO renders a service free of charge.
- No fee or charge may be imposed for any of the services rendered or for the supply of an application form.
- I agree that I may withdraw my complaint at any stage.
- I will inform the office of the CGSO in writing should I institute legal action against the supplier against whom this complaint is brought.
The CGSO may in its discretion dismiss a complaint if:
- I fail to provide any information timeously or at all;
- I fail to reply to any communication sent by the CGSO office timeously or at all;
- I become abusive, insulting or obtrusive towards the CGSO or its staff members, including when communicating with them. The CGSO will, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not I am abusive, insulting or obtrusive.
- I agree that there is no time frame within which my complaint will be resolved. I understand that the process of investigating my complaint is a lengthy and cumbersome process.
- Should I be dissatisfied with the final decision of the CGSO, I cannot appeal that decision. However I do have the right to approach the National Comsumer Commission on telephone number 012 761 3200 / 086 000 3600. .
- I agree that I may not publish any details of my complaint in any form of media. Should I publish any details of my complaint during the investigation process the CGSO may, in its absolute discretion, decline to investigate the complaint further, if such publication is detrimental to the investigation process.
- All letters, faxes, e-mails and all other documents submitted to and by the CGSO, myself the supplier are confidential. The CGSO shall decide which of the letters, faxes, e-mails and all other documents shall be disclosed to me or any other party.
- I agree that I or my authorised representative shall not subpoena the CGSO and its staff members or call for any of the documents in the file of the CGSO to be discovered, should my complaint be the subject matter of a court case or any other alternative dispute resolution.
- I authorise the supplier to disclose to the CGSO any information it may have that is required during the investigation of my complaint.
- The CGSO reserve the right to revise these rules and undertakings, at any time.
- I agree that by lodging a complaint with the CGSO I am bound to the then current version of the rules (the “Current Version”) from time to time and that, unless stated otherwise in the current version, all previous versions will be superseded by the Current Version.
- Whilst every effort has been made by the CGSO to ensure the proper performance of this website, the accuracy of the information/images and the reliability of the information on this website, it cannot be guaranteed.
- The CGSO makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, and assume no liability or responsibility for the proper performance of this website and/ or the information and/or images contained on this website. In particular we make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, complete, timely, secure or error free.
- You hereby indemnify the CGSO, its staff members and the CGSO Company and agree to hold us harmless from any claim, demand or damage asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the service or this website.
- You indemnify and hold us harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, suites, proceedings, costs, demands and damages of all and every kind, (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the failure or delay in the performance of the services , or the use of the services, whether due to our negligence or not, or due to your failure to comply with these terms and conditions and/or any other requirements that we may impose from time to time.
- I agree that my complaint may be dealt with by the CGSO on the above rules. The information herein provided is to the best of my knowledge, true and correct. I understand that the submission of untrue information constitutes fraud and my complaint will be dismissed.
By clicking the link to proceed with the lodging of a complaint, I confirm that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions set out above.