What we can deal with:
Delivery, Defects and Exchanges
- The product has a defect or does not do what it was supposed to do in the first 6 months after you bought it.
- The product you ordered was not delivered when agreed/ in a reasonable time
- The product that was delivered less than 10 business days ago and is not what you ordered / it was damaged
- The product was sold past its sell by date and its quality or appearance was not as expected
- A defect in the product caused you some damage/ harm
- A defect in the product caused you some injury/ illness
(First approach a doctor to obtain a fully motivated report or, in the case of suspected food poisoning, contact the municipal authorities)
Metro/District Municipalities Contact Details(Excel document)
CGSO advisory note on food poisoning (PDF document)
Services include repairs, construction, painting, gardening, dressmaking, hair cutting, the provision of any education, information, advice or consultation, transportation of an individual or any goods; the provision of any accommodation or sustenance; any entertainment or access thereto and the right of access, to an event or to any premises, activity or facility.
You cancel an advance reservation, booking, order or a contract
(There may be a cancellation penalty)
The price was not displayed on the goods.
The price advertised/ displayed was incorrect .
The label was misleading
The label was misleading.
The item was advertised but there is no stock.
Shocking, rude or discriminatory treatment
This includes the use of physical force against a consumer, coercion, undue influence, pressure, duress or harassment, unfair tactics etc. at any stage of the interaction or where a supplier takes advantage of a consumer’s inability to protect their own interests owing to physical or mental disability, illiteracy, ignorance, inability to understand the language of an agreement etc
Unfairly discriminating on the grounds of the Constitution (race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth) or Chapter 2 of the Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act.
If your complaint falls within our jurisdiction and is something we can deal with:
- FAST TRACK: Lodge your complaint electronically OR
- Print complaint detail document and fax or scan it to us
Call the call centre to see if we can deal with your complaint or if you need assistance in completing the form
Call us 0860 000 272
We cannot provide legal advice.