Consumers FAQ

FREQUENTLY Asked Questions

A: The Office of the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud (CGSO) is the consumer goods and services industry’s Ombud scheme, set up in line with the Consumer Protection Act.

A: Nothing. The service is free.
A: No. We will assist you with your complaint. We prefer to deal directly with you.
A: Please refer to the COMPLAINTS page of this website.
A: All suppliers in the consumer goods and services industry supply chain.
A: The CGSO will make every effort to resolve all complaints within 60 (sixty) business days of receipt by it.

Who can I complain to if I’m not happy with the outcome of my complaint or the service provided by the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud?

If with the OUTCOME of your complaint:

Section 70(2) of the CPA provides as follows:

“(2) If an alternative dispute resolution agent concludes that there is no reasonable probability of the parties resolving their dispute through the process provided for, the agent may terminate the process by notice to the parties, whereafter the party who referred the matter to the agent may file a complaint with the Commission in accordance with section 71.”

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your case, you may approach the National Consumer Commission. If you choose to pursue this route, please ensure that you note on the complaint form that you lodge with them that the matter has been through the office of the CGSO and we were unable to resolve it.

If with the SERVICE you received:

If you are not happy with the way we have dealt with your case, with the level of service we have provided or if you feel we have treated you unfairly or rudely, have failed to explain things properly or have caused unreasonable delays, please contact the Complaints Manager If you are still not happy, please contact the Ombudsman